Thursday, December 24, 2020

A Review of the Year 2020

I couldn't let the whole of 2020 go by without making some comments.  This has been a pandemic year.  The coronavirus, or Covid 19, has taken its toll on human life and devastated the American economy because of death, continued restrictions on human movement, loss of jobs, and closures of many small and large businesses.  Wearing a mask has become the new normal.  Even I carry hand sanitizer when I wouldn't have used it before.  Distance learning is the new norm; in Prince George's County we haven't been back into the school building since March 13.  We did manage to create a vaccine that got approved before the end of the year and, hopefully, we will see some benefits of people getting vaccinated in 2021.  

There are still many things for which I am able to express gratitude.  My mother is in relatively good health at age 96.  My immediate family is still here and in relatively good health.  With the help of a childhood friend, I was able to speak my views on a sports podcast during the NBA playoffs; my team, the Los Angeles Lakers, won the 2020 Championship.  At the end of this year, I got a great surprise when a book I edited finally got published with my name on the cover.  

You never know in which direction your life will turn, so you can't discount the opportunities that come your way.  Looking forward to more new avenues in 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment